Curious how you can make the laser tattoo removal recovery process a bit more smooth? Check out these tips and let us know if you’ve got any of your own to share in the comments.
It is generally advised to wait four weeks between laser removal sessions to guarantee complete removal of the tattoo. In truth, it actually is better to wait at least six to 12 weeks between sessions for maximum results.
Why? Although your skin may look healed on the outside, the ink absorbed by your body is still being eliminated by your lymphatic system.
How does the lymphatic system affect laser tattoo removal?
During the process of laser tattoo removal, the ink is turned from a liquid into crystals, which the lymphatic system is then responsible for removing from the body. The lymphatic system is part of the circulatory system and comprises filters and fluids that wash particles from the body. It’s important, then, to wait until your lymphatic system has completely cleansed your body of these leftover particles before your next laser tattoo removal session. This is also why you might experience redness, scabbing, and (sometimes) blistering — it’s your body’s way of healing itself.
So how can you support your lymphatic system?
- Hydrate. Your body is working hard to flush out the ink.
- Take a walk. Your muscles help power the lymphatic system.
- Elevate the area.
- Take a multivitamin.
- Eat healthier. Packing back fruits, veggies, and raw nuts will only do you good.
- Stop smoking. The habit damages the vessels, ultimately making it harder for the transfer of plasma.
- Stop drinking and taking narcotics. This will only slow down the healing process and cause additional laser tattoo removal sessions. This is especially important if you have a large tattoo, as your body will find it more difficult to heal with these additional toxins in your system.
- Be patient. It just takes time.
These tips will help maximize the efficiency of your laser tattoo removal treatments and save you time and money. See something missing? Let us know in the comments below!